Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Showers of Happiness!

This summer, I was lucky enough to have two wonderful bridal showers thrown for me. The first shower was hosted by two of my mom's best friends who live on the street in Kingwood where I was raised. It was so much fun to catch up with friends and neighbors that I don't get to see as often as I would like to. In addition, my aunt, two of my best friends, Jason's mom, stepmom and sister all came into town for the shower. The shower was beautiful and it was so nice to introduce Jason's family to many of the friends and family that I grew up with.

The second shower was thrown by several of Jason's mom's good friends, three of which are the mothers of Jason's best man and two of his groomsmen. It was wonderful to get the opportunity to meet and visit with many of the friends and family that have known Jason his whole life. I was also lucky enough to have my mom, one of my bridesmaids and my brother's fiance all come to the shower as well. It was a very special day!

Jason and I are so blessed to have such wonderful families and friends to support us as we enter this new chapter in our lives. We can't thank everyone enough for both of the beautiful showers!

Here are a few pictures from both showers.

Marilyn Deane and Janice Dassing, the hostesses of my Kingwood shower.

The beautiful table and decorations at the home of Marilyn Deane.

Jason's mom, Shauna with my Aunt Jean.

Cathe, my Matron of Honor with one of my good childhood/family friends, Carrie Nelson.

Jason's mom, Shauna and his sister, Leah.
Amy, one of my bridesmaids, me, my Aunt Jean and Carrie.

Cutting the cake!
My mom and I.

Me with the hostesses of the Katy shower, Barbara Koy, Nancy Brammer, Daphne Jones, Donna White and Kay Callender.
The lovely table and decor at the home of Barbara Koy.
My mom and I.

Anna, my future sister-in-law, Shauna, Jason's mom, me, my mom, and Debbie, one of my bridesmaids.

Me with the moms!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I think it's time for a blog update..ha! I just wanted to comment so you would have our address. I'm going to link our blog to yours if you don't mind.
    We can't wait for the wedding.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete