Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bachelorette Party!

Last weekend was my bachelorette party! I know that most bachelorette parties are generally a few weeks before the wedding, but I really wanted a fun weekend getaway with the girls and since half of us are teachers, summer was the easiest time to get together. We decided to go to Lake Travis for a long weekend and Jason's dad and stepmom were nice enough to let us stay at their beautiful lakehouse.

We spent Friday wine tasting at a few of the local wineries, Flat Creek Estates, Lost Creek and Stone House. Wine tasting is one of my favorite things to do and all of the wineries were gorgeous! Friday night we cooked dinner at the house, enjoyed some of the wine that we bought and had a fun lingerie shower. Saturday we headed out to Lake Travis where the girls had rented a pontoon boat for the day. We decided to go to Devil's Cove (a fun place where tons of boats anchor or tie up to each other and everyone floats and hangs out). The weather was perfect and we all had a great time on the lake! After our long day we headed to The Pier, a restaurant on the lake for dinner.

It was a great weekend and one that I will remember forever. I am so grateful to have wonderful friends to plan such an amazing bachelorette party for me!
Having lunch at Flat Creek Estates Winery.
Cathe, Debbie and I sampling some delicious wine at Flat Creek Estates.
Wine tasting at Stone House with their "winery dog".
Enjoying a glass of champagne.
Debbie, me, Sue, Amy and Cathe in front of Stone House's beautiful vineyard.
The whole group on the pontoon boat about to go out on Lake Travis.
Cathe, Sue and I.
Cathe and I.
Debbie, Sue and I.
Kristi and I.
Floating the day away with the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment